Official corporate logo of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
- The logo cross of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod is comprised of three crosses in one. This symbolizes the LCMS declaration that "we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity."
- The top and left arms of the crosses reach upward toward God in prayer, open to receive God’s grace. The bottom and right arms of the crosses reach downward, open to embrace the world with God’s love.
- The twelve individual sections of the LCMS logo cross remind us of the twelve tribes of Israel from the Old Testament, as well as the twelve apostles from the New Testament. The four arms of the cross appear to be in motion as we proclaim to the world what God’s love through Jesus Christ means to us, spreading the Gospel to the four corners of the world.
- The LCMS logo cross was introduced in 1984.
Fair use for Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod Logo
I assert that this image may be included as a fair use of the logo in this article, even though it is subject to copyright or trademark, for the following reasons:
- It is a logo of the organization, used by the nonprofit English Wikipedia for identification purposes
- It is a low-resolution rendering of only one of the logos in the copyrighted collection
- It is not being used as part of negative criticism of the organization, but as part of an informational article about the organization
- It is not being used in a way that, to a reasonable reader, falsely portrays an official connection between the Wikimedia Foundation and the Missouri Synod
- It does not affect the potential market for the logos, which are distributed free of charge
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||00:43, 5 October 2006||306 × 375 (9 KB)||Michael Peters||== Summary == Official corporate logo of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod == Meaning == * The logo cross of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod is comprised of three crosses in one. This symbolizes the LCMS declaration that "we [http://www.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)