Poetry Open Mics
St. Louis Poetry Open Mic Venues
- Venice Cafe -- Located on the corner of Pestalozzi and Lemp in Benton Park, the Venice Cafe open mic is the longest running open mic in St. Louis; it began in the late 1980s, and is still held weekly on Monday nights, starting at 9:30. Every third Monday, the Aalim Belly Dancers perform prior to the open mic. The open mic is predominantly musicians, but some poets do perform.
- Old Tymers Nite Club -- Located at 12667 New Halls Ferry Rd in Florissant, Old Tymers has a poetry open mic every Tuesday night at 9 pm.
- PJ's Tavern -- located at 127 W Jefferson in Kirkwood, PJ's Tavern has an open mic the second Tuesday of every month at 7 pm, hosted by the St. Louis Writer's Guild.
- Stone Spiral -- Located at 2500 Sutton Ave, The Stone Spiral has an open mic every Wednesday night from 7-9:30 pm.
- Legacy Books and Cafe -- located at 5249 Delmar Blvd, Legacy Books and Cafe has a poetry open mic every Friday night from 9:30 pm to Midnight.
- Hartford Community Cafe -- Located on the corner of Hartford and Roger in Tower Grove South, the Hartford Community Cafe has an open mic every Friday night from 7:30-9:30 pm. There is an even mix of poets and musicians who perform.